Monday, July 11, 2016

Cool Stuff From The Camp!

I was really amazed (but not shocked) to see that the folks in the camp were still working hard and carrying on all our programs and activities. Recently, they participated in the World Refugee Programme and again held an American Fourth of July Celebration. They are wonderful people and it is starting to bother me that I haven't made it back (far more than I would care to reveal)



The Team
Saint Fort has gone on to Kinshasa, but the fantastic four remain - From left to right: Yvon, Scholastique, Juliet, and Teddy. Please keep Yvon, his wife, and newborn daughter in your prayers as mom and little girl are struggling.  The two ladies here still manage the primary school program and the girls empowerment group. Teddy, of course, remains Teddy.


Skits by the Primary School Children under the three banners close to my heart :)


The Girls Empowerment Group representing in the World Refugee Day Parade

The English Club proudly displaying our flag and their new curriculum


Limbo remains a staple


Juice Time!


One of my guilty pleasures that remains strong there - Buck Buck


Hopefully, we will have a Skype call this Friday with the camp. I was very disappointed when the funding didn't come through to return this month, but doubly resolved to work something else out. This project is the epitome of my career ambition - go somewhere, give some folks some tools and kindness, step back and watch them run. I want to run with them a bit more......

No comments:

Post a Comment